Writing Cozy Mysteries

 

🕵️‍♂️✨ Hey friends and fellow booklovers!✨ 📚

I really enjoy reading and writing cozy mystery novels. My first two series have a paranormal flavor, but I do have an idea for a new cozy about a hairstylist, who works in a salon considered the gossip hub of her small town, and tries to solve a murder. So, look for that in the future.

Here's a fun fact about my own mystery writing: half the time, I have no clue who the baddie is until I'm way deep into the story.  Sometimes, I switch the villain to another character who fits better and seems less obvious. Or maybe it still is. I don't know. 

 

There's just something super cool about stories where you're constantly guessing who's behind all the mischief, don't you think?

For me personally, there's something incredibly satisfying about diving into a world full of suspense, where every character could be hiding something. I'm particularly drawn to character-driven storylines with quirky and humorous characters.

Oh, before I forget, I have some writing news for those who have been waiting: I'm writing the sequel to "Hexes and Hijinks" this year. 🕵️‍♂️📖 Yes, I know, it's long overdue. And nope, I still don't know who the killer is while I'm plotting the storyline. But hey, that's the fun of writing these stories.

I'm also on the lookout for new authors to read. Got any faves from 2023?

Drop your recommendations in the comments. I need more books in my life! (My family would strongly disagree with this statement. lol)

Warm wishes,
Sherry

#CozyMysteries #BookwormLife #WritingJourney

No comments

I absolutely love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comments. Please consider yourself awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top