Favorite Books of 2013

As the year draws to a close and with the holidays right around the corner, I thought a post on my TBR pile was fitting. These are just a few of my top picks and favorite reads of 2013. These books are in no particular order and as an author, I no longer write and post book reviews, but these amazing novels stood out among the many books I read this year.

 

Rachel from Parajunkee Views recommended this book to me and I couldn't put it down once I started it. I can't wait to read the sequel. Kresley Cole's "The Arcana Chroncles" is a must read in my opinion. I loved the writing style and the characters. It was eerie and creepy and beautiful. The romance was epic and the characters unforgettable.


 
I am currently doing a book promo for the revised editions of the Spellbound Series and came across quite a few rave reviews of this book and decided I needed to read it. I was hooked from page one. I love discovering new authors and the hero, Noah reminded me so much of my own character, Trent. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this engaging series: The Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin.





Next up, I'd like to mention "Anna Dressed in Blood" by Kendare Blake. Many of you know that I love ghost stories and YA books that aren't afraid to dive into the uber scary and horror. The writing was so good that I was rooting for Anna by the end of this novel. It was dark and complex and riveting. I read the whole book in two days. I think I need a sequel with Cas and Anna. Pretty Please.



This is a NA novel that I can't wait to read again. "Beautiful Disaster" by Jamie McGuire was like reading about my own life in my 20s and quite a few of my bad-boy relationships. From the first page, the story and the writing was crazy addictive. Abby and Travis were such vividly drawn characters that I wanted to know them; become friends with them. And I fell in love with the hero right alongside the heroine. I can't put into words how much I loved this book.




I read "Darkfever" by Karen Marie Moning and fell in love with the prose. The storyline is about seeking revenge and justice ( a favorite of mine) and the writing was dark and sexy and brilliant. I liked the heroine, Mac right from the beginning. She is tough and sassy, and the perfect match for the mysterious  and charming Jericho. I want to read the whole series now.



I read "A Beautiful Dark" by author Jocelyn Davies after spying the gorgeous cover at my local library. The story has suspense, mystery, action, magic, and crazy-hot romance. Skye was a remarkable heroine that I instantly liked. This novel was a page-turner.

Well, that's it for now. What are your top picks for 2013? Any recommendations for me?


No comments

I absolutely love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comments. Please consider yourself awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top