Moonlight Mayhem - YA Themes


The underlying theme in my new release, MOONLIGHT MAYHEM touches on a controversial subject: teen bullying. 

Now, normally there is never any type of moral message in my novels. I write for pure entertainment purposes only. But as I was writing this particular novel, it struck me how the teen boys would act, if they had really been infected. (No spoilers here!

So, I figured they might become aggressive and hostile, because they would have a hard dealing with what was happening to them. While "bullying" is not the main focus of the storyline, it does play an integral part in the plot.


Was I bullied in school? You bet. And yeah, it majorly sucked. If only I had superpowers back then...

I mean, even Buffy, the Vampire Slayer hated bullies and stuck up for the other kids in her high school. 

According to writer, Lee Hirsh's article, he puts bullying in very blatant terms in his Huff Post article and the numbers are astounding.  


What to do if you’re being bullied at school:
Recent research in the United States and abroad has documented that bullying is a common and potentially damaging form of violence among teenagers. When you’re dealing with bullies it can feel like you’re helpless, or that there’s nothing you can do about it. You can even convince yourself that by trying to stop the bullying, it might make things worse.
If it’s happening in school, telling a teacher seems like the last thing you want to do. Will your parents freak out and make a big fuss about it? Will anyone even believe you?
Everybody has the right to live, study, and play in an environment that is safe from bullying, harassment, discrimination, or violence. No one deserves to be bullied and you certainly shouldn’t go through it on your own. Don’t forget there are people and places that can support you.
Online places that can help:

No comments

I absolutely love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comments. Please consider yourself awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top