All Things Witchy


Ahhh, it seems as though summer is going by too fast! Mostly because there hasn’t been an incredible amount of hot weather this year. Too much morning fog and overcast days that don't burn off until noon. Of course, living in the Bay Area the weather doesn’t get hot until Indian summer in the months of late August, September, and October.

Well, I’ve completed 60 pages on the sequel, Beautifully Haunted. Yay! My goal is to have a decent draft to send off to my editors by mid-September, then comes the endless rounds of edits. Which honestly, I enjoy more. I get to add the elements and descriptive tags that make a book come to life for the reader. Insert peeks at Shiloh’s personality, thoughts and feelings. Create suspense in scenes where the pacing is too slow.

Lately I’ve been doing a lot of witch and witchcraft related reading. Both fiction and non-fiction. I’ve also discovered some great witchy blogs. The blogs are great for helping me with Wiccan research and learning more about casting and the Craft.

Although, the narrative of my series is loosely based on the actual Wiccan Religion; as a fiction writer, I have taken certain liberties with the portrayal of real witchcraft purely for entertainment purposes to fit the theme of my story.
The premise of the Spellbound Series involves an adolescent girl who is chosen by an ancient prophecy to have magickal powers to defeat paranormals and battle other evils in the cursed town of Whispering Pines. She accomplishes this with the assistance of her friends and family.
And I'm thrilled that there is a new witchy TV drama airing this fall! Yay! Along with The Vampire Diaries by L. J. Smith's, I read The Secret Circle novels and loved them. Now I can’t wait to watch the TV show.

For now, I’d love find more great witch-related teen books to read.

Any suggestions?

9 comments

  1. Hey Sherry, thanks for stopping by by my blog today. The Sweep series by Cate Tiernan is a great YA wiccan series, I've only read volume 1 so far but I really like it. Also Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton is Awesome. I checked out your website and your book sounds cool, and I love the cover ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sherry,

    I totally agree with the whole weather/time moving too fast. It barely seems like there was even a summer! Congrats on making progress on your sequel. I can't wait to read it! I read L.J. Smith's Secret Circle and can't wait for the show too! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog,

    Felicia @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. The secret circle by L.J. Smith is pretty good:D

    New follower, thanks for visiting my blog:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love witchy stories :)
    A few good series include The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, the Hex Hall seires by Rachel Hawkins, The Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong (it's actually about necromancy but there is sorcery in it). And a non YA series would be the Three Sisters Island trilogy by Nora Roberts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. witchy books... hmm... my sister recently read and loved the near witch by victoria schwab. thank for stopping by our WoW post today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.
    We would love to review your books.
    If your interested, please send us an email.
    Your books sound really interesting!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really jealous of your mild weather, living in Austin, Texas we're all melting out here! I grew up in the Bay Area and wish we had a bit of that weather right about now!

    Good witch series... I have not read many specifically witch based series, BUT I will recommend "Practical Magic" as a great stand alone book. It's got a great whimsical feel to it, without being cheesy. It's not teen, but it cronicals the lives of these sisters, I can really see people who love YA liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with sixty pages into book two - you're well on your way now. I've just finished two chapters of the first round of edits and I'm definitely starting to get into the groove (after I got over feeling hurt, angry and insulted). I wish you were my editor, by the way. Just sayin'.

    I still love the Witching Hour by Anne Rice. I haven't read a witchy series I've liked nearly as much, but I'm curious to check out The Secret Circle too.

    Guess what? I was watching True Blood, season 4, and they mentioned Skinwalkers. And here I thought I was so original!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why were you hurt, angry and insulted?? (email off the blog if you want.)

    I think True Blood is trying to cover every supernatural there is. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comments. Please consider yourself awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top